There are currently two facilities for synchronizing data. One is to the Memento Cloud. The other is to the Google Sheets application via files stored on Google Drive.
Synchronization with the Memento Cloud
Synchronization with Google Sheets
Synchronization is performed on a library by library basis.
To initiate Sheets synchronization for a library:
- Link the library to a new or existing Sheets file on Google Drive. To do it, open the Library Entries List screen, open the Action menu. If the library is already set up to synchronize with a Sheets file, the option will be entitled "Sync Roth Google Sheets". If not, it will be entitled "Link To Google Sheets". Since we are initiating sync, select Link to Google Sheets.
- A card will appear with options Link to new document and Link to existing document. If you want to create a new Google spreadsheet with records from the Memento library, select Link to new document.
- Select Link to existing document if you already have a Google spreadsheet created previously, with data that you want to link to your Memento library. Please note: When linking the library to an existing Google spreadsheet, the data is transferred in just one direction - either from Memento to Google or from Google to Memento.
- After you link it, a spreadsheet containing all library entries will appear in the list of Google Sheets documents. You can use Google Sheets to view, edit, add and delete entries.
- To synchronize changes made in Memento and Google Sheets, open the library menu and select Sync with Google Sheets.
Synchronizing files (images)
Synchronization of files attached to records (images, audio recordings, etc.) is turned on when connecting with a Google spreadsheet, or in the library settings.
- All files of a library are uploaded to Google Drive, in a folder called Name_library.files
- Links to uploaded files are saved in a column of the Google spreadsheet with the name Name_field.http
Restoring the library from Google Sheets
You can restore libraries that have been synchronized with Google Sheets.
To do this, open the menu in the home screen and select Add library. On the list of templates that opens, select Restore from Google.
Then you will see all the libraries synchronized with the current Google account. After selecting a library, it will be created on your mobile device and will receive all the data from the linked Google spreadsheet.
Synchronization between two or more devices
Using synchronization with Google Sheets, you can synchronize library data on multiple devices.
- On all devices, select the exact same Google account. On the main device, synchronize the library with Google Sheets.
- On the other devices, download the library, as described in previous section.
At this point in the library restructuring process, changes on one of the devices (for example adding new types of fields) are not transferred to the other devices. You need to repeat the procedure for linking libraries for all the other devices.
Note: for sync a library between devices is recommended use the Memento Cloud.
- In the Google table will be created additional column MEMENTO_ID for matching rows in a table with the entries in Memento. Don't modify or delete this column.
- Locale on your device should match the locale in Google Sheets.
- If you edit the same entries in Memento and Google Sheets, you will be offered to choose which version is correct.
- Whenever you add a new field for synchronization, the sheet in Google Docs is created anew.
- All entries in the Google Spreadsheet sheet should follow one after another. There should be no empty rows.
- Memento allows you to synchronize only fields of certain types: text, integer, real number, date, date/time, rating, currency, single-choice list, multiple-choice list, location, boolean, hyperlink, barcode.