A Password field may contain any textual data. It is stored in UTF-8, a standard 8-bit Unicode format.
During entry and display of a password value, asterisks are displayed instead of the password's actual value. The actual value is displayed only on the Entry View and Entry Edit cards when the user touches or clicks on the asterisks in the field.
- Textual, case-insensitive field identifier that can include spaces; it's best to avoid characters that can be used as operators, though (standard across all field types)
- Textual, case-insensitive field identifier that can include spaces
- Make entry of a value mandatory before saving an entry
- Data validation
- The value of a field may be validated against user-specified criteria. If the validation fails, an error message is displayed on the screen by the field, and the user must take action to resolve the situation before saving the entry.
- After selecting Data Validation, a pop-up will appear for entering validation criteria. The input will be deemed valid if:
- Contains (default)
- it contains a string (a sequence of characters) as entered below.
- Not contains
- it does not contain the string entered below.
- Is equal to
- it matches the string entered below.
- Is not equal to
- it does not match the string entered below.
- Is empty
- it is empty (contains nothing).
- Is not empty
- it is not empty (contains any characters).
- If the checkbox is unchecked (default), a standard error message will be displayed when the input is invalid.
- If the checkbox is checked, a custom error message will be displayed when the input is invalid.
- If the Clear button is pressed, the criteria settings will be cleared.
- If the Cancel button is pressed, the criteria settings will not be affected, and the criteria pop-up will be dismissed.
- If the OK button is pressed, the input data will be accepted and displayed on the screen after the pop-up disappears.
- Display in the list as
- Select among the following roles for the current field:
- As a Regular field
- As an Entry Name
- As an Entry Description
- As an Entry Status
- The field name
- Display the name of the field in the card entry (By default, On). By this, it is meant that the field name will or will not be displayed on either the Entry View card or the Entry Edit card.
- Choices are:
- Family: Regular, Light, Condensed, Thin, Medium. By default, Regular.
- Style: Normal, Bold, Italic, Bold Italic. By default, Normal.
- Size: By default, 18. Direct entry to change.
- Color: By default, White. Palette of 20 colors, backed up by a continuously variable color chooser.
- Ability to add one or more visibility dependencies upon fields with qualifying types.