Wiki | Memento
Wiki | Memento
Mobile, Desktop | Scripting | Database
Wiki | Memento
<p style="font-size:36px;" The Memento Wiki
Memento & the Wiki
The About Index
|About the Memento Database application||Introduction to the Wiki|
The Memento Database application indices
The Memento application structure
You generally don't have to concern yourself about Memento's structure. It takes care of everything for you. However, it is important that you know where in the wiki, in Help, or in online or other computer literature to read about the various layers & parts of Memento. So. we'll start with the bottom line, the simplified summary, because if you choose to read about this, we'll have you in tiers (ha) — as in the tiers of a 3-tier application architecture. Seriously, the subject is large, but it nevertheless boils down to what's in the following paragraph.
- Simplified summary
- The Memento application has a 3-layer structure (effectively the same as a 3-tier architecture, which matters because it is how you'll read about it in literature on the subject) that almost entirely runs on your device. In the Memento wiki, we call them...
- The user interface layer, which is what you see on the screen & interact with using your fingers or a keyboard & mouse
- The scripting layer, running on your device and providing the programming logic to handle the data as you want
- The database layer, running mostly on your device & handled without bothering you when your data in the cloud needs to be accessed
To read further about Memento's structure read here.
The Memento application User-interface layer
Yada [[NoteLine|Insert here the code from the
The Memento application Scripting layer
|About the Memento application||About the Memento wiki|
|User interface links?|
|Mobile links?||Desktop links?|
|Scripting links?||Database links?|
Supporting the Memento application & its Wiki
The Support Index
|Getting started||Troubleshooting||Getting support|
|How do I get started setting up the Memento application?|
Wiki home — The Memento Database application
The Memento Database application is a personal & professional database application that comes in 2 editions, each of which run on various computing platforms. Memento Database runs within the Java Runtime Environment.
About the Memento Database application Editions & Platforms
Yada intro, what's an edition, what's a platform, what's a release?
About Memento editions & their platforms
- The Mobile edition — an edition that runs on mobile device platforms, such as Google's Android OS and Apple's iOS OS.
- The edition on the Android platform dates back to 2015 or earlier.
- The edition on the iOS platform has not yet been released (as of Jan 2022 and is currently undergoing beta testing.
- The Desktop edition — an edition first released in 2017, simultaneously for these platforms...
- Microsoft's Windows PCs
- Apple's MacOS PCs
- Linux PCs
About Memento — Information about the Memento Database application
For information about Memento, see the About Memento home page.
For information about the user-authored Memento wiki, see Where is the wiki home page?
The UI (user interface) & indices into it (Presentation layer)
Like all indices, these provide direct access to the various facilities of Memento. The UI indices (one for each edition) are specific to the OS platforms it runs on.
Mobile edition home page & index (Mobile presentation layer)
Desktop edition home page & index (Desktop presentation layer)
The index to the (almost entirely) edition-independent index to the Memento Database application provides links to all the Wiki22 (Memento wiki 2022) pages for the Database & data structure areas within the Memento Database application.
Support index — Everything involved in supporting your use of Memento, Help, & the Forum and the Wiki
Yada, link(s) to wiki support page(s)
Index to Memento support
Yada, link to memento support