Libraries may be protected using password protection and may be encrypted using AES-128. A single master password is used for restricting the access to libraries.
To protect a library:
- Open the Library menu and select Protection.
- If you haven’t set up a master password yet, you’ll be prompted to enter one.
- Enable/disable library encryption and click on the OK button.
Now, when opening a protected library, you will have to enter the master password (if it wasn’t entered yet).
- In an encrypted library, only string fields of the entries are encrypted.
- If you forget your master password, it will be impossible to recover it, and you will not be able to decrypt your data.
- If the Memento application is unused for 5 minutes, the access to all protected libraries will be closed automatically.
- To reopen the access, you’ll have to reenter the master password.