Jump to navigation Jump to search
« Page as of 2021-03-21, editions Mobile 4.10.0, Desktop 1.9.6 »
« NOTE: THIS PAGE IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT. »
- A trigger script, with event & phase options
- An action script, applying to the current entry or library
- Shared code for use by trigger & action scripts
- A custom data source script to guide source data to the appropriate destination fields
Sample simple expression scripts
- the value a hundred and twenty-three
- the characters M e m e n t o as a string
- 2 * currentWeight
- If currentWeight is 23 lbs, then 46 lbs
- (hours * 60) + 10
- If hours is 5 and minutes is 10, then 310
Sample complex expression script
Before release 4.10.0 on the mobile edition & 1.10.0 on the desktop edition, we had to validate entered data with a script like this one:
// Validate entered value: var StdLimit = 100 // Our std for all products value = field("Value") // Fetch value of field if (value <= StdLimit) // If within limit, value // Result is the value else // Otherwise, StdLimit // Result is the std limit
- a value that has a string (text) value or a numeric (number) value.
- "This is a string of textual characters"
- 123 or 3.14 or -28.5
- a name representing a constant value, like pi, x, tareWeight, or surname
- a name representing a value that may change over time, like sum, currentValue, or orderDate
- one or more characters that represent the value of other values that go together in some fashion to determine a result, like + for plus or - for minus or * for multiplied by or / for divided by.
- Some operators are made up of other operators used in combination, like <= for less than or equal to or && for and also.
Custom data source script