If you have a field with choices (Checkbox, Single-choice list, Multiple-choice list, Radio buttons, Checkboxes), you can enable dependencies based on the choice(s). The choice field is called the gating field, and fields that are dependent on it are called dependent fields.
To enable dependencies, do the following in the Library Edit screen:
- Create a gating field with choice values (Items).
Example: Gender, with items Male and Female
- Add a dependent field, and select Dependencies of the field; this brings up the Dependencies List card.
- Press the blue plus (+) button to add a dependency; this brings up the Add a dependency card.
- Select the field upon which to be dependent and press the OK button; this will bring up the Create dependency card.
- Choose whether the dependency is only when editing an entry (the default) or also when viewing an entry.
- Then choose the value(s) of the gating field (the Items) that will cause the dependent field to be visible (perhaps Female) and press the checkmark in the upper-left corner of the card.
Now, when the corresponding choice(s) is|are selected (Female, perhaps), the previously hidden dependent field(s) become visible.