A Date field may contain any date of the Gregorian calendar.
This value allows date arithmetic to work readily, by merely doing integer arithmetic with the value.
When a date value is interpreted for import, export, or display in years, months, and days, the current locale is used. The format for import and export can be specified in program settings.
- Textual, case-insensitive field identifier that can include spaces; it's best to avoid characters that can be used as operators, though (standard across all field types)
- Textual, case-insensitive field identifier that can include spaces
- Default Value
- By default, there is no default value. Alternatively, the default may be set to the current date as of entry or edit of the field within an entry.
« NOTE: The Date formats parameter pertains only to the mobile edition. »
- Date formats
- The format may be specified explicitly. Selecting Date formats causes a card to appear in which these properties may be changed:
- The language/locale may be set.
- Short date
- The user may select among a number of choices for the short form of a date.
- Long date
- The user may select among a number of choices for the long form of a date.
- Make entry of a value mandatory before saving an entry
- Data validation
- The value of a field may be validated against user-specified criteria. If the validation fails, an error message is displayed on the screen by the field, and the user must take action to resolve the situation before saving the entry.
- After selecting Data Validation, a pop-up will appear for entering validation criteria. For Date & DateTime fields, the input will be deemed valid if:
- the date is today.
- the date is yesterday.
- This week
- the date is some time last week.
- This month
- the date is some time this month.
- Last week
- the date is some time left week.
- Last month
- the date is some time last month.
- the date falls between the two dates entered below.
- Is empty
- the field is empty.
- Is not empty
- the field is not empty.
- This year
- the date is some time this year.
- If the checkbox is unchecked (default), a standard error message will be displayed when the input is invalid.
- If the checkbox is checked, a custom error message will be displayed when the input is invalid.
- If the Clear button is pressed, the criteria settings will be cleared.
- If the Cancel button is pressed, the criteria settings will not be affected, and the criteria pop-up will be dismissed.
- If the OK button is pressed, the input data will be accepted and displayed on the screen after the pop-up disappears.
- Display in the list as
- Select among the following roles for the current field:
- As a Regular field
- As an Entry Name
- As an Entry Description
- As an Entry Status
- The field name
- Display the name of the field in the card entry (By default, On). By this, it is meant that the field name will or will not be displayed on either the Entry View card or the Entry Edit card.
- Choices are:
- Family: Regular, Light, Condensed, Thin, Medium. By default, Regular.
- Style: Normal, Bold, Italic, Bold Italic. By default, Normal.
- Size: By default, 18. Direct entry to change.
- Color: By default, White. Palette of 20 colors, backed up by a continuously variable color chooser.
- Ability to add one or more visibility dependencies upon fields with qualifying types.