A DateTime field may contain any date of the Gregorian calendar and the time of day.
This value allows date/time arithmetic to work readily, by merely doing integer arithmetic with the value.
When a DateTime value is interpreted for import, export, or display in years, months, days, hours, minutes, and seconds, the current locale is used. The format for import and export can be specified in program settings.
A reminder may be set during field edit. It sets a reminder using the device's reminder notification mechanism. The value of the reminder does not appear in the data.
- Textual, case-insensitive field identifier that can include spaces; it's best to avoid characters that can be used as operators, though (standard across all field types)
- Textual, case-insensitive field identifier that can include spaces
- Default Value
- By default, there is no default value. Alternatively, the default may be set to the current date and time as of entry or edit of the field within an entry.
- Date and time formats
- The format may be specified explicitly. Selecting Date and time formats causes a card to appear in which these properties may be changed:
- The language/locale may be set.
- Short date
- The user may select among a number of choices for the short form of a date.
- Long date
- The user may select among a number of choices for the long form of a date.
- Short time
- The user may select among a number of choices for the short form of a time.
- Long time
- The user may select among a number of choices for the long form of a time.
- Make entry of a value mandatory before saving an entry
- Data validation
- The value of a field may be validated against user-specified criteria. If the validation fails, an error message is displayed on the screen by the field, and the user must take action to resolve the situation before saving the entry.
- Display in the list as
- Select among the following roles for the current field:
- As a Regular field
- As an Entry Name
- As an Entry Description
- As an Entry Status
- Use in calendar as
- The field's value may be used as a start or end time in the calendar.
- The field name
- Display the name of the field in the card entry (By default, On). By this, it is meant that the field name will or will not be displayed on either the Entry View card or the Entry Edit card.
- Choices are:
- Family: Regular, Light, Condensed, Thin, Medium. By default, Regular.
- Style: Normal, Bold, Italic, Bold Italic. By default, Normal.
- Size: By default, 18. Direct entry to change.
- Color: By default, White. Palette of 20 colors, backed up by a continuously variable color chooser.
- Ability to add one or more visibility dependencies upon fields with qualifying types.