A Text field may contain any textual data. It is stored in UTF-8, a standard 8-bit Unicode format.
Name and Hint
Standard across all field types.
- Default Value
- By default, there is no default value. Otherwise, one may be specified.
- Single-line text?
- Yes or no
- Yes or no
If Yes, then when creating or editing an entry, values entered in previously-created entries will be presented for this field after matching the first two letters for selection as the value for the field.
- There are 4 choices for the handling of case in this Text field:
- No: None
- In the beginning of the sentence
- In the beginning of each word
- All letters: All capital letters
- Make entry of a value mandatory before saving an entry
- Display in the list as
- Select among the following roles for the current field:
- As a Regular field
- As an Entry Name
- As an Entry Description
- As an Entry Status
- The field name
- Display the name of the field in the card entry (By default, On). By this, it is meant that the field name will or will not be displayed on either the Entry View card or the Entry Edit card.
- Choices are:
- Family: Regular, Light, Condensed, Thin, Medium. By default, Regular.
- Style: Normal, Bold, Italic, Bold Italic. By default, Normal.
- Size: By default, 18. Direct entry to change.
- Color: By default, White. Palette of 20 colors, backed up by a continuously variable color chooser.
- Ability to add one or more visibility dependencies upon fields with qualifying types.