Wiki | Memento
Wiki | Memento
Database | Mobile | Desktop
Wiki | Memento
The Memento Database Desktop edition
NOTE: Please be aware that this section is currently under development.
Core functions of Memento Database are available not only from the mobile app but from the Desktop Edition for Windows, Mac OS and Linux. The libraries created in Desktop Edition are synced via Memento Cloud and so are available on all devices you use.
The Desktop edition provides a useful complement to the Mobile edition. While this section is for the Desktop edition, Desktop features that are different and/or not available in the Mobile edition will be identified when applicable.
User testimonial: Beth Dixon
With now over 25 libraries created, I can store, manipulate, and manage my personal and small business data in real time by using whichever edition is the most applicable & beneficial.
Welcome to the Memento Database Desktop edition
Once you launch Memento Database Desktop, you get access to all libraries created from your account and the ones shared with you.
NOTE: Integrate the following page with this section: Windows & panes
NOTE: Below, make sure there are links for each of the places where the user might like to start, so they don't have to hunt around to find out how to go there. They might like to go there right now. Think about what kind of page the user might need the most -- like an Overview page, another appropriate About page, a Specification page, or another page, as appropriate.
Where would you like to start?
- Get a boost in getting started
- So as to not have to start from scratch, you might find that someone else has already done this and has set up a template you can start from.
- Begin from scratch
- Of course, you can always roll you own library by saying to start from scratch, create fields you define yourself, and begin to make use of it all.
- Get help
- Find answers to your questions on "getting started, setting up libraries, [[About:working with data, Reports, Teamwork.
All features of Memento Database Desktop version are available from the main window. It consists of these logical parts:
- Title bar - located at the top of the window. Your version of Memento Database and user name is displayed on the left. To the right you will find the familiar minimize, maximize, and close buttons
- Menu bar - appears as text directly below the Title bar. Here one can choose “File”, “Account”, and “Help”. Selecting one of these items presents an additional drop down menu of additional commands and information.
- Sidebar - appears on the left side of the screen. Here one can navigate through the My libraries folder and the Shared with me folder. Perform a search for entries in a specific library and/or all libraries. Perform a search and download a Catalog template.
- Status bar - located in the bottom left corner of the screen shows the notifications about Memento Database cloud usage. For example 127 MB (0%) of 20GB.
- Workspace - the workspace is all the area inside the window to the right of the Sidebar. The workspace changes depending on your selection in the Sidebar.
Customizing the window interface
There are two options to customize Memento’s window interface. Bootstrap theme or Classic theme. To choose your theme, select “Help” from the Menu bar, scroll down to “Theme”.
|Navigating the menus|
|Setting up Libraries|
|Working with data|