A Date field may contain any date of the Gregorian calendar.
This value allows date arithmetic to work readily, by merely doing integer arithmetic with the value.
When a date value is interpreted for import, export, or display in years, months, and days, the current locale is used. The format for import and export can be specified in program settings.
Name and Hint
Standard across all field types.
- Default Value
- By default, there is no default value. Alternatively, the default may be set to the current date as of entry or edit of the field within an entry.
- Date formats
- The format may be specified explicitly. Selecting Date formats causes a card to appear in which these properties may be changed:
- The language/locale may be set.
- Short date
- The user may select among a number of choices for the short form of a date.
- Long date
- The user may select among a number of choices for the long form of a date.
- Make entry of a value mandatory before saving an entry
- Display in the list as
- Select among the following roles for the current field:
- As a Regular field
- As an Entry Name
- As an Entry Description
- As an Entry Status
- The field name
- Display the name of the field in the card entry (By default, On). By this, it is meant that the field name will or will not be displayed on either the Entry View card or the Entry Edit card.
- Choices are:
- Family: Regular, Light, Condensed, Thin, Medium. By default, Regular.
- Style: Normal, Bold, Italic, Bold Italic. By default, Normal.
- Size: By default, 18. Direct entry to change.
- Color: By default, White. Palette of 20 colors, backed up by a continuously variable color chooser.
- Ability to add one or more visibility dependencies upon fields with qualifying types.